Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When I disconnect in the Internet the fatal error message appear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
May 30, 2002
PH
When I disconnect in the Internet, the error fatal blue screen message appear! I copy the error message see it in below:
Windows

A fatal exception 0E has occured at 0028:C02A7903
in VXD VCOMM (04) + 00000B67. The current aplication will be terminated.

*Press any key to terminate the current aplication
*Press CTRL+ALT+DEL again to restart your computer. You will lose any unsaved information in all applications.

But other computer doesn't appear this error fatal message.

This is my computer's spec.:

Brand name:Sony VAIO PCG-FX210 (Model PCG-961A)(Laptop or Notebook type)

Processor: Mobile AMD Duron 800Mhz

Memory: SDRAM 128 MB (PC 100)

Video: ATI rage mobility-M1 AGP

Modem: Conexant-AMbit Soft K56 Data, Fax Modem(Internal)

Motherboard's Chipset: Via TechVT 82C686

Sound Card: Via AC'97 Audio Controller(WDM)

Operating System: Windows '98 SE

Thank you for your assistance!

-Sean from Philippines

There are some questions that will never be answered. This seems to be one of them. All I can say, in all honesty, blame Microsoft. Microsoft does a very poor job at programming, much less debugging their software. Go with the Linux operating system. :) --Sapient2003 - sapient@sapient2003.com
"The worst insecurity is beleiving you are too secure."

The error is referring to VCOMM. VCOMM (Virtual Communications Driver) manages all access to communications devices. VCOMM relies on port drivers, which are separate VxDs, to access communications devices. Comm.exe is a rewritten and augmented version of the old Vcomm.doc created by Microsoft. I suggest you go to Microsoft website and download that version. Hopefully that will fix your problem. Good luck and let me know how it turns out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back