Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When grouping by number datatype, the report returns 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystaldev1

Programmer
Nov 6, 2003
US
I'm using CR 2008 and cobol database. I have a report that is working fine until I add a group to the report. I am grouping by number datatype field which is showing "0". Without the group in the report, the field is showing the correct number in the report. Any ideas?? Thanks.

Is this really a field you are grouping on or a formula? If a formula, what is the content? If a field, how does it display if placed in the detail section? Do you have other groups? If so, what fields are you grouping on?

-LB

Yes, I am grouping on a number field. In the detail section, it's just showing as a field itself, nothing complicated. This is the only group that I have. It just seems like once I get rid of the group and refresh the report few times, the field shows the correct data.

This is odd. Is this your report? Have you checked to see whether the field in the detail section is really zero but is formatted to display some other value in format field->display string->x+2 formula area?

When you group on the field, is zero the ONLY group value displayed or are there other values in other group instances?
What do you see in the group tree to the left?

-LB

Hi,
Are there ANY records where that field is NULL or empty?
If so, the Group with that ( or those) record(s) will be 0 (since the group is on a numeric field).

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back