Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When dial digital extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlas

Technical User
Sep 8, 2003
GB
Can anyone tell me if this is possible and how I go about programming it?

We want an analogue extension(ringing bell) to ring when anyone calls a particular digital extension. Is this possible and if so how can it be done.

Thank you for any help I recieve.

There is an aux ringer conection on the block to connect a ringer then in the sets programming set aux ringer to Y.
The ringer needs a ring generator. Alglo duet works well.

Analog extensions don't support Answer DN so you would have to either forward that phone to the analog extension or setup a ring group.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Completely forgot about the aux ringer...Cook is right that is probably the best way

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

analog stations don't support answer dn's, but digital phones support answer dn's of analog phones, so in the past I have made the analog phone the real dn so it will ring, and put an anwer dn button on a digital phone for that real analog dn. That being said, using the aux ring is still the best way, but you might have to get a different type of ringer if you have a bell that rings with ring voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back