Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When an iphone receives a text the 3904 has call issues when it hears the notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickwhitt

Technical User
Nov 18, 2021
US
I have a user that i thought was crazy until i went and tested this. While she is talking on her 3904 and she receives a text on her cell phone the notification alert on her iphone (the notification was set to the default of "Note") depending on what the other user was on (another 3904 our new 3cx system or a cell phone) on cell phone it would sound like it was transferring you to a fax with that slow tone but on other devices it would cause the user to loose audio of the person on the other end she couldnt hear me but i could hear her and sometimes it would totally just disconnect the call. we narrowed it down to the Note tone once we changed that to a different notification tone the issue stopped but is there any other way to fix this?

My only thoughts are to play with the tone and cadence settings. You could try swapping over the phone with another 3904 to see if it still happens.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

yeah we tried it on another extension on a 3904 and same thing that notification tone just messes with it, i doubt it is just isolated to the 3904's probably any digital phone on my system will do it it seems my IP phones on CS1K are not affected by this issue

This situation is possible when one of the participants in the connection is analog, for example FALC. The IPhone ringtone for a message is 2100 Hz. This is the fax receive transition tone. And the DSP channel goes into the T.38 codec. Naturally - voice traffic does not pass. It is necessary to set CLS MPTA or MPTD is included in LD10 (analogue devices).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back