Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When Adding VBA only fields is it possible to control the tab order

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdbrande

Programmer
May 7, 2013
US
When I add a flex field ( a new one, not unhiding) and I try to include it in the tab order, everything goes nuts. I tab into it and the tab just goes to another screen or a field that isn't even nearby.

Has anybody had any luck with this?

No, VBA-Only controls cannot be added to the standard tab order. You could only simulate these fields being in the tab order by specifically setting focus to these fields through a Field.SetFocus or using a SendKeys call to tab. Warning: the SendKeys function will not work on Windows 7 environment unless UAC is disabled.

Thanks,
Tori

I have tried that as well.. For example

In the PO & RFQ tab i added a VBA only field under weight.

When weight.lostfocus i sent it to the new field. When it got to the new field the focus automatically went to the Item listbox without even setting off the new field.lostfocus

I was able to go through the process that you listed here and am seeing the same results. I would like to submit a bug request on this but I will need your account and customer information. You can send this to me directly: tori.aiken@exact.com
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back