Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what's wrong with summary distinct count on formula in Crosstab

Status
Not open for further replies.

fancyface

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2006
CA
Hi all. I'm using Crystal 7 - yes go ahead make fun of me. I know.... we're upgrading soon.

In my crosstab I have a column on date to group monthly. I only want to show the number of donations and the number of donors per month. I don't really want any row grouping. But on the number of donations in this particular crosstab I only want to show donations where prog <> "a" and type <> "p". So because I can't use a running total in a crosstab, on my details, I created a formula that says donations where prog <> "a" and type <> "p", created a distinct count summary function and used that as a summarized field in my crosstab. However, it's still counting ALL records, not just where prog <> "a" and type <> "p".

Please show the actual content of your formula.

-LB

I think you need a formula field containing something like
Code:
if prog <> "a" and type <> "p" then 1 else 0
Then do a summary total of that. It would work in Crystal 8.5, at least.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back