Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What's the most effective way of capturing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanbeugen

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2005
NL
Often I get 30 minutes of video shots on one tape and I have to edit this into a short clip of 5 minutes. But I have only one hour time to do this. So I wonder what the most effective way of capturing is. When I get the clip I don't know what's on the tape. Often I capture the whole clip and divide it later into the different shots, but that takes a lot of time. I know that in Premiere Pro for Win there is the possibility for "scene detect" so that the capturing is divided automatically into the different scenes, but I have Premiere 6.5 for Mac. Are there eny tricks which can be used of plugins?

Dude, take five to ten minutes to run through the tape before capturing (firewire i assume) collecting the time code ins and outs for the shots you want. write them down on a piece of paper (logsheet) and a short 2 to 3 word description, then go into your capture and go to batch capture. log in the in/out points for the clips in the order that you want to use them. When/if you do this, the batch capture can name the clips numerically by the reel name and, if you typed them into the capture settings in the order you wanted to put them on the timline, then all you have to do is a quick drag ad drop. Add generic transitions to all. drop in your titles/credits, and you can encode it. unless you're doing car commercials or music videos the policy of "keep it simple, stupid" usually applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back