Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

whats the main differences between 2011 and 2015 Crystal Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeBear2

Technical User
Sep 15, 2014
AU
Hi,

I'm going to start using Crystal Enterprise 2015, and Crystal Reports 2013 in a few weeks.

I am used to using all versions of Crystal Reports/Enterprise up to and including CE and CR 2011 (XI). From what I've read there isn't much difference in Crystal Reports 2011 to 2013, but does the same apply for CE 2011 to CE15??

Would really appreciate input from those who have transitioned from one version to the other.

Thanks for your help

BeeBear2

CR 2011 is NOT XI! XI came out in 2004-ish and is 2-3 versions older than 2011 - there have been some changes.

I'm not sure where you're getting "Crystal Enterprise 2015" - there is no such thing. There is "Crystal Reports Server" (CRS) that took the place of Crystal Enterprise as a platform for scheduling reports. There is also "Crystal for Enterprise" (CRE) which is a report writing tool that is available for Crystal Server 2011 and newer and the BI Platform 4.0 and newer. Neither of these has a "2015" version. CRS comes in versions 2011, 2013, 2016. CRE comes in versions 4.0, 4.1, 4.2 (with various service packs).

So, which are you asking about?

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back