Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What's the importance of Motherboard drivers in between 2 upgrade installations? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

javierdlm001

Technical User
Jun 28, 2008
CA
Hi all!

I will install both Win7 & Win8 in the same HD, on different partitions. The thing is, in order to install Win8, I'll have to upgrade to Win7 from Vista, and again a second time to Win8 from Win7. My question is, do I absolutely need to install the motherboard drivers both for Vista & Win7 when wanting to install Win8?

Thanks guys,

JDL

See if these can save you a bit of time.

How to clean install Windows 8

Windows 8 Upgrade: clean install possible?

How To Clean Install Windows 8 Pro Upgrade
Start a Clean Install Using an Upgrade Licensed Copy of Windows 8 Pro

How to Prepare Your Computer for Windows 8

After any install of Windows 8 open up the Device Manager and look for errors such as "Unknown Devices" this will tell you what Drivers you need to install, if any. Windows 8 comes with many drivers already. If the drivers on the CD's that came with any Motherboard are not acceptable to Windows 8 you can check with the manufacturer for Windows 8 Drivers.

This is handy to know about too.

In Search Of 'Mystery' Devices

That's great! Thank you for such a complete reply Linney! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back