Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What's the Best Way to use the I2050 While Traveling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naybag

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2005
US
We have a BCM50 with the digital T7316 sets in our National office. When I work from home, can I use the I2050 softphone with my same extension? At present, when I try to use my same extension with the SoftPhone it tells me the DN is already Registered.

If you had an IP set at the office, you could use hotdesking then activate your extension on your 2050. Since you have a digital set, the best you could do would be have an answer DN on the 2050 that is tied to your digital set, then have an alternate MWI on your mailbox that equals the extension of your 2050.

naybag i would like to know how you connect to your home office as I'm trying to do the same thing.

acewarlock, we have a software VPN that enables us to connect to the BCM50 with a I2050. Thanks.

I use the Contivity VPN client to our Contivity VPN at the office. I've used my i2050 on a wireless PC connection with the VPN and it works great.

Can't help with the programming since mine is on an 11c.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back