Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Whats the best software for editing music videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrwnSugaa

Technical User
Aug 28, 2003
US
I cant seem to figure out what good after effects is if you cant edit the sound along with video. How am I suppose to mix audio and video if you can hear it...DUHHH...did I miss something. Whats the best software to use for this purpose? I've heard Premeier or Avid but of course it's strickly xp, Im running 2000. Can someone please help?

I'm sure that any professional grade editorial software will do for editing music videos.

You're not alone; many people forget that After Effects is for adding effects; not necessarily editorial. That's why Adobe has Premiere. (Although I'm not so sure I'd qualify Premiere Pro as "Professional Grade").

Avid, sure.
Fire, Smoke (from discreet/Autodesk)
FinalCut Pro (from Apple)

If you're on XP, check out Avid's DV editor. You may only need it to cut an offline, then you can take the list somewhere to actually assemble the final product.

If you want to export pieces into After Effects for compositing, check out Wes Plate's Automatic Duck. It's really an absolute for any editor/compositors.

Ko Maruyama
Free Tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back