Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Whats the best practice to create a custom(substitution) toolbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PauloGomes

Technical User
Aug 28, 2007
PT
The Post name says it all...
I what to create a toolbox for my form (excel is invisible).
Whats the best method?
How to "react" to the toolbox button cliks?

Hi,

Are you familiar with Events? A Click is an event for a control. So you have to decide what you want to happen when you click any specific control?

But a substitute Toolbox??? WHY?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a group touring the Crest Toothpaste factory got caught in a large cooler, headlines read...
Tooth Company Freeze a Crowd! and
Many are Cold, but Few are Frozen![tongue][/sub]

Me being a non-english speaking native, I may not have explained exactly what I want...

Perhaps the word "substitute" is not the word I was looking for..
To the best of my knoleage there is no tollbox control in vba forms....

I'm creating a macro that will "look" and "feel" like a standart app, so the excel window ( app ) is invisible...
i could cluster a bunch of buttons and "simulate a toolbox/toolbar but is there a better way to acomplish this?

I also would like to set an image face to the buttons....

Oh, yes, I known what events are and how to work them...

"To the best of my knoleage there is no tollbox control in vba forms...."

But there is. You have the tools in the Worksheet Control Toolbox, and much more.

Don't understand your question.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a group touring the Crest Toothpaste factory got caught in a large cooler, headlines read...
Tooth Company Freeze a Crowd! and
Many are Cold, but Few are Frozen![tongue][/sub]

As I saied, to the best of my knoleage....in vba user forms there is NO toolbox/toolbar CONTROL, not the container!
Maybe there is is the worksheet controls, but since the excel itself is going to be invisible, its useless for me....So I guess Ill just Cluster a few image buttons to simulate a toolbar...

Thanks anyway...

You have some options:
- use modeless userforms. The 'toolbar' form can be modified with api to have toolbar menu style,
- use vb toolbar (reference to ms common controls), can be customized to look like menu bar or toolbar,
- create popup menu.

combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back