Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What's new in WebSphere Transformation Extender 8.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeriesConsumer

Programmer
Feb 1, 2006
LU
Hi,

after rebranding and renaming Mercator once more I found documents praising the benefits of the new release. What I couln't find, however, was a brief documentation about new and changed features. Could someone please point me to the right direction and give me a link?

Looks a bit different too. All the familiar icons have changed. Oh well, something else to tax the brain.

I'm still fighting with Passport Advantage to get it downloaded :-(

Once you get it you'll have to fight with the installer. anyone know how to install the Eclipse help?

Thanks OllyC,

I already knew that PDF. It's just a little bit unspecific. I am esp. interested in the new "extensibility options". Is it true that I can only use C/C++ to increase the built in lib? That were sad.

Concerning the "Enhanced GUI": did they fix a least the rule editor (e.g. CTRL+F5)?

I really would like to download the gem but IBM is still struggling bringing our account into good shape...

I already installed 8.1 design studio on my system . Importer GUI from Type designer is crashing before opening up ..

My importer works ok on XP for cobol and xml schema. Not tried the others yet but xml schema is slow to get to the point of creating the type tree but fast at the actual creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back