Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What's my TGAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

makemorebeer

Technical User
Jun 6, 2007
US
Alright that's a bit of a misnomer, but really, i need ot figure out what my tgar settigns are and i can't seem to find a place to print it. i tried printing the AUT in LD 88, and i get an Auth00x message when trying to enter my customer number "00"

Am I in the right place? What does the AUTH000x message mean? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Beer

You normally only need to worry about TARG/TGAR if you are using the ACCESS CODE to access a trunk, if you use NARS/BARS it usually has no effect on a call.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

ace's post points out something a lot of newer techs missed.. prior to bars we used 9 for acod on the locals and 8 acod on the ld.. we used ld 49 to block 1 or 0 as the 1st digit for the locals and allow just 1 or o as the 1 digit on the ld's.... then we put tgar 1 on the locals and 1 and 2 on the ld's... so if your station was targ 1 you could not hit either route, if it was 2 you could not hit ld, if it was 3 you could dial either...

now the only reason i use tgar/targ is to stop guest from dialing the overhead page at the hospital.. all stations go in tgar 6, so if i want to allow page all (codes and fire), any tgar except allows acod access to the page route

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i could never teach this switch but i could teach the history of the software.. i still have the rls 8 books i went to school on..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

so it might be that TGAR is not the parameter i should be concerned with. i'll give a bit of back ground. i work for a manufacturing facility. we have three shipping offices and up until now we used payphones outside our shipping offices for the truckers. now we've pulled the payphones out becasue they are rather expensive (telco sponsored), so we want to put digiton 500 wallmount phones down there, but we want to restrict it so you can only dial local numbers, 800 numbers, and emergency (911). Here's what i've got as a prototype but i doubt it's doing what i actually want it to do.

REQ: prt
TYPE: tnb
TN 9
N 057 00 4215 T082001 04/10 07:29 00:00:04 82
& 0000 0000
DATE
PAGE
DES

DES SHIP
TN 009 0 00 14
TYPE 500
CDEN 4D
CUST 0
WRLS NO
DN 4850 0 MARP
CPND
NAME Shipping PayPhone
XPLN 17
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
AST NO
IAPG 0
HUNT
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 8
SGRP 0
RNPG 6
XLST
SCI 0
CLS UNR DTN FBD XFA WTA THFD FND HTD ONS
LPR XRD AGRD CWD SWD PUA MWD RMMD SMWD LPD XHD SLKD CCSD LND TVD
CFTD SFD MRD C6D CNID CLBD AUTU
ICDD CDMD LLCN EHTD MCTD
GPUD DPUD CFXD ARHD OVDD AGTD CLTD LDTD ASCD
MBXD CPFA CPTA DDGA NAMA MIND
MCRD
EXR0 SHL ABDD CFHD
CWND USMD USRD BNRD OCBD RTDD RBDD RBHD FAXD CNUD CNAD PGND FTTC
PLEV 02
AACS NO
MLWU_LANG 0
FTR PHD

In that case I would use NCOS, and only use TGAR to block direct access to the route by dialing route access codes.

very little. i can print my NARS BARS, and that's about it. if that's even what you're referring to. I'm pretty new to this, no formal schooling in the matter, and all I've got to go off of are the meridian manuals I've managed to find online. Lucky for me i pick things up like a sponge.

i tell ya, if anyone had a good tutorial or something on the very basics (had to skip them) of these systems it would probably be beneficial. i mean my approach to this system is basically if we need a feature i spend a week digging through tech manuals, and such until i manage to stumble my way through it.

GHTROUTE has a BARS tutorial on his website(look at the first reply) I haven't used it but it could be a good place to start.

You where talking TGAR so thats what GHTROUT didn't post this URL. This is basic BARS training.

Prt in LD 87 your NCTL to see what your NCOS/FRL relationship is and then PRT the RLB for LD calls and Local calls to see what FRL can use what RLB.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back