Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What's a good Windows Programming starter book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hylian90

MIS
Dec 14, 2004
US
Hey, y'all. I'm posting because I just got my hands on three Borders gift cards!! :)

But, back to the point, I know I want to get a book on Windows Programming in C++. Problem is, I'm not sure which book I want to get. So, do you guys have any suggestions? :\

--------------------------------------
Code:
//Program to tick off my sister
Programming is officialy a life skill

I have no idea what MIS means

I have an e-book I could send you. It has a couple errors though, getting the popup menus to work there way never works.

Hi,

Charles Petzold(sp?) "Programming Windows 3.1" is still considered the "canon". My friends that program Windows for a living all swear by anything written by Marshall Brain.

Good Luck,
Frank

Thanks for the tips y'all! It's really appreciated!!

I have an e-book I could send you.

If it's not too much trouble, that would be REALLY helpful! I'm assuming you'd send it by email, in which case my address is game_boy@verizon.net

--------------------------------------
Code:
//Program to tick off my sister
Programming is officialy a life skill

I have no idea what MIS means

Its gotta be Petzold.

Skute

"There are 10 types of people in this World, those that understand binary, and those that don't!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back