Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What will you do if...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transworld

Technical User
Jun 23, 2001
SG
Hi guys! Does someone out there encounter crash symtoms before? If yes, what are the files you backup before the harddisk goes to heaven?

HI Have you got your original OS disc, cos that is a priority.
Then you need to back up everything that would be a loss to you in terms of work saved etc.
If you have a program like ECCD Creator

This can be found at the Roxio.site. I am sorry I am not on my home computer so dont have the exact Website name here. you can make a Back up set thru that. just follow the instructions
Hope this helps.

Thank you Shirley! I will check out whether my Nero got this facility.Have a nice day![thumbsup]

It would be best if you had a hardcopy of the install steps required to duplicate the hard drive. And good to have your data stored separate from everything else so you could back it up without having to store all the programs and operating system.
It would be nice to do a "ghost" of the drive, but I've never seen a windows drive crash with an exact duplicate on hand. Ed Fair
unixstuff@juno.com
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back