Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what vox format for NEC EliteMail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2003
US
hi there,
we are getting professional recordings done for our auto-attendant greeting. does anyone know exactly what VOX format the file needs to be in for us to digitally and directly load it onto the phone system?

we are running the NEC ElectraElite 192 Key System with NEC EliteMail.

i don't know much about VOX, but my contact at the voice-over company said they needed to know the format (Dialogic vs. NMS), bit-rate, and sample-rate.

any help (inlcuding pointing me towards other help) would be appreciated.

thanks,
Dennis

The Elite Mail is an Active Voice system OEM'd for NEC.

The files are Dialogic OKI32 and use 8kbit sampling rate.
The best way is to feed the audio in from a 600 ohm transformer coupling on an analog line that will call the Voice mail and using the f4 key in programming to select the local mode on the line you called in on and record the prompts.

I have tried using wav files and using a convert program that converts it, but the levels sometimes are tricky.

DJ

What we do is set up all the main greetings as info type boxes.
Example:
Box 500 is the main greeting (thank you for callin ABC..., 501 (pressed 1 for company address and info), 502 (pressed 2 for promotions), 503(pressed 3 forlist of employees), etc. and make the owner of these boxes 555 mailbox, the studio dials into your vmail and logs into 555 and simply leaves a message to all the mailboxes above with the exception of mailbox 500. You would need to give mailbox 555 manager status so that they can go in and change the company greeting (mb 500).
We setup all customers this way so that they can dial in from anywhere in the world to change any part of the CCR greetings and the recording studios love it.
Hope I made sense or helped you or others.
spoclogo2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back