Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What version of Outlook am I using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdbowling

Programmer
Mar 28, 2003
US
Hello, Everyone.

For years I went to the File Menu and chose Help->About and that would tell me everything about my version on the About Page.

Then Outlook switched to the Ribbon and Tabs and got rid of the File Menu.

At that point, I would click the File Tab and 'Help' was an option there. Got all my version information on the Outlook About Page there.

I don't see either of these choices now. I know that it is Outlook 2013 because I can right click it on the task bar and it says Outlook 2013. There is no Outlook Version Information though. (Using Windows 8)

I did find it and am posting this in hopes that it gets indexed by google so anybody else won't have to spend an hour clicking every possible choice on every ribbon and tab looking for this sh&%. ... or googling "Outlook 2013" "About Page" and getting absolutely Nothing useful.

In Outlook 2013, click the File Tab. Then Choose the Office Account option. The new Account window will have two sections. User Information and Product Information. Under Product Information there is a clickable icon " ? About Outlook ". Click that and you get the dialog popup "About Microsoft Outlook" with everything from the Version, MSO, Product ID, and License Terms.

P

Also for people who are thoroughly hacked off with newer versions of Outlook, ...

It seems that Microsoft in their infinite wisdom have deemed that anybody using Outlook MUST be using Exchange Server as well so sets the automatic send and receive to ONE minute, this means if you are using a remote POP3 server there is every chance that you will be getting blocked by servers firewall or "Brute Force" protection systems.

Personally I suggest using Claws-Mail instead.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back