Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What utility? ISINTEG, ESEUTIL or oher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schlep

Technical User
Apr 18, 2002
US
I have a user whose mailbox locks up Outlook randomly but I can consistently lock it up by trying to synchronize. I have tried the same thing from 2 other computers (same mailbox) and get the same results - Outlook using 99-100% of CPU. I am convinced that his mailbox is corrupted, if so, what is the best way to repair?

Exchange 5.5 sp4 running on NT 4.0 sp6a.
Clients: Win2K running Outlook 2000

You will experience this issue (100% CPU) with any mailbox over 2GB in size if you try to syncronize to local. I would make sure the user's mailbox is smaller than that as a first option before trying to "repair" the mailbox, if the user is having no other problems.
-Dana

Thanks dman, but mailbox is only 650mb.

Try exporting to a .pst using exmerge, then importing into a new mailbox. Make sure the new mailbox is named something the user can use. Sometimes this can clearup whatever corruption there is. If successful, delete the user's old mailbox.

Sometimes the ost file gets corrupted. Stop Outlook, find and delete it (search for *.ost) and restrat outlook. It will re-create the file when it starts and you should be away.

Hmmm. Don't think I quite read your message fully. Multiple clients means unlikely to be ost file. Try Sunchronising one folder rather than the whole lot and see what happens. We have had a corrupt message in a particular folder before today.
Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back