Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What type of lifters do you use on Nortel i2002/4 ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

linklight

Technical User
Mar 6, 2007
CA
Hello everybody

Great Forum here
We have quite a few Nortel i2002/4 users with Plantronics Wireless Headsets using Plantronics HL10 lifters.

The problem are the lifters which do not securely stick to the phones due to the curvature of the side and perforations on the top of the sets.

What headsets are you using on the i2002/4 phones?
Have you found a solution (without using Epoxy or silicone)to this issue?

Thanks Everybody.

You'll have to get creative regardless of the handset lifter (GN Netcom or Plantronics). I've been cutting up foam and using that to fill in the curves and strong double sided tape. Good luck!

We are replacing the headsets on our 1140e's with Jabra bluetooth.

linklight, I also was very frustrated with the same issue on 3904 phones. I contacted Plantronics and they have a retrofit kit that gives you a different arm with two tabs on either side of the phone to prevent the handset from sliding around. The problem is the double sided tape is still crap and the there isn't enough surface area for the lifter to adhere to the phone and the lifter WILL fall off.

After speaking in length with Plantronics about the issue they basically admitted that the lifter wasn't well suited to the 3xxx 2xxx Nortel series. They do have an older HL 1 (I believe that's the model number) lifter that works. Apparently it has a huge footprint and is a bit of a monstrosity. I choose to stick (no pun intended) with my HL10 lifters and use a different solution.

My solution in the end was to buy a hot glue gun and apply the glue to inconspicuous areas. The nice thing about hot glue is it can be peeled off and leaves no permanent markings in the event of a warrantee.

I know this sounds a bit ghetto but I can tell you my admin. assistants are really happy, and when there happy…well you know the rest.

Todd

I would use hydraulic lifers so you don’t have to adjust them. But don’t use too big of a cam cause you’ll just blow a rod. Than I would recommend rollers.

Sorry to good to pass up.

We use the HL10 lifters with the M3900 phones regardless of the curve on the side. Since it has the sticky on the bottom it has worked out well on about 20-30 we have put them on. Just make sure to use that little extender arm thingy. Amazingly we haven't had many problems for the year or more we have been running them.

We are using the Plantronics HL-1. It seems to be the only that will work without having to replace the phone for an i1040e bluetooth enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back