Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What type of burner is needed for burning Kareoke cds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicsfreak

Technical User
Sep 2, 2004
US
I am working on a friends computer which he uses to make kareoke cds, and it appears his drive has messed up. I am wondering, would any burner work as a replacement or are there only certain ones that will burn cd+g ? I have looked on newegg and none of the cdrom drives mentioned cd+g. So kind of puzzled me.

Thanks

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

I believe it's a software limitation and not hardware. So to "create" karaoke CD's (we'll assume he's not copying), he would just need to have the right program. Any modern CD burner should do.

~cdogg
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Einstein
[tab][navy]For posting policies, click [/navy]here.

Yes, he would need a "vocal remover" like this:

which basically removes the center channel (where vocals usually are placed) and fills that space with the othee two channels. The result is usually appalling, but drunk karaoke singers can't tell the difference.

Please note that you are violating ASCAP & BMI's "public performance for profit" copyright rule but it's rarely enforced.

Tony

Users helping Users...

which he uses to make kareoke cds
it appears as if the software is already there...
it appears his drive has messed up
so you need a DVD/CD Burner that supports CD+G ... and these aren't made anymore as of 2004 or so... they had an extra chip built into them that was used for error correction...

now most modern day DVD burners and CD burners can be used to create these types of AUDIO CD's, but are not able to correctly read them... though there are exceptions to the rule, so it may be trial and error until you find one that will work...

unless you want to pay:

Special Karaoke CDG Certified DVD Burners

PS: most Karaoke media these days are DVD format... and for that only thing needed is the correct burn software, e.g.

Karaoke DVD Burner 1.0.1

PSS: GOOGLE for more info on KARAOKE, DVD, CDG etc... and you will find a wealth of information...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back