Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What topics in CCENT are VLAN,S included 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dublinman

Technical User
Mar 7, 2005
IE
I am taking the CCENT exam and need to know what to study or what not to study.I am using the CCNA book for reference.Are VLAN,S covered in the CCENT exam ?

Dublin,

VLAN is an ICND2 topic...especially for config.
CCENT tests on ICND1...the most you would have to know truly is what a VLAN's function is...see the following which are exam topics to know off the ICND1 exam on Cisco's website under "Implement a Small Switched Network".
Pay attention to the bullets starting with "Explain..."

Select the appropriate media, cables, ports, and connectors to connect switches to other network devices and hosts

Explain the technology and media access control method for Ethernet technologies

Explain network segmentation and basic traffic management concepts

Explain the operation of Cisco switches and basic switching concepts

Perform, save and verify initial switch configuration tasks including remote access management

Verify network status and switch operation using basic utilities (including: ping, traceroute,telnet,SSH,arp, ipconfig), SHOW & DEBUG commands

Implement and verify basic security for a switch (port security, deactivate ports)

Identify, prescribe, and resolve common switched network media issues, configuration issues, autonegotiation, and switch hardware failures

I hope this is helpful.

-HH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back