Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What to sell now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountainbear

Programmer
Sep 27, 2009
CA
Now that Nortel is gone, what is everyone offering to small/medium size business? I don't trust BCM, Alworx wants me to sell$20,000/year. So what are my options? Anyone tried any of the following:
xblue networks
Ipitomy
FortiVoice

We don't get to sell many new systems and most in not all would be under 20-50 users.

Sell what everybody is also selling, Avaya IP Office, but make sure you get some decent training and know how to read a manual as it is a GUI but not without challenges.
The forum here is also a great help if you search for any issues you have you will usually find a thread with a solution or hint how to go from there.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

I have to agree

Especially for a smaller target market... Under 15 users its tough to beat iPo pricing

ddcommllc.com
Avaya/Toshiba/SyntelSolutions

ACIS

"Will work for stars

Is pricing what it's all about? There are comparative offerings depending on what you're looking for. I've used IP Office and also the UCx platform and I'd have to say dollar for dollar, I'd actually choose the UCx, but then again it's an HTTP platform versus the proprietary IP Office...

As much as it pains me to say this, the NEC XN (now the SL1100) you can not beat on price. Its a set and forget device, and if you have customers who dont need many system changes in a small office, it will run forever. I get little to no calls about NEC problems. They arent great to program, but they are reliable and the customers like all the flashing lights on the phones.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

HSM that is not what we want :) we want to stay in business and help the customers with their problems and of course charge for it :p

joking aside a solid system is what we all want and if the IPO is not stuffed with all kinds of functions that make it crazy it will also run nicely. I have installed customers 2 or 3 years ago and never heard from them again because their system just works. As long as they do not have 10 changes a week and move offices all the time or have CCR for their call centre.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

I prefer the UCx from E-Metrotel, because of the way the phones run just like Norstar/BCM sets and you can use a vareity of all Unistim Nortel IP sets/SIP sets (SIP Nortel/Non Nortel). Also, the older Non Global Norstar sets are supported. Parking and Transfer and many feature operations work identically to Norstar/BCM.

With that said, I also think it's great that IP Office supports the Nortel Global Digital sets and Nortel SIP IP phones, so I don't disdain it either.

"Keep the Peace, Use RLS"

We've gone with Avaya, LG-Ericsson, & Asterisk. There's probably no real great reason not to go the IP Office route - you can do the training online now.

-----------------------------------
atcom_logo_small.jpg

Calgary Telephone Systems, Avaya LG Asterisk (FreePBX) VOIP & TDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back