Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What to include for DTS to run in a VB App?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NNIsarahd

Programmer
Aug 13, 2003
US
I have a VB program that calls a DTS package. The application works fine on the machines I've tested on that already have the SQL client tools installed. We need to install it on a remote PC though that does not have the SQL client tools. What do I need to include in my installer and where do the files need to be in order for it to work?

From what I've read, I've found that I need the following runtimes:

axscphst.dll/.rll
dtsffile.dll/.rll
dtspkg.dll/.rll
dtspump.dll/.rll
sqlresld.dll
dtsrun.exe
dtsrun.rll
sqlwoa.dll
sqlwid.dll

When I've added them to my installer, I've tried installing them in the application path and in the windows system folder. When I test this on a machine of ours that doesn't have the SQL client tools, I continue to get:

Runtime Error '429'
Active X component cannot create object

I'm guessing I'm either missing a file or not putting them in the right spot.

Anyone here have experience with this and might be able to steer me in the right direction?

Thanks.

In case it matters, I'm using Microsoft Visual Studio Installer, version 8426.

This link will show you exactly which Filename to include, the Description of the File, the Installation Folder and whether or not to Register the file.

[flowerface]

I was standing in the park, wondering why frisbees got bigger as they came closer... then it hit me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back