Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What to do "Terminal emulator has been disconnected from the server"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Jun 9, 2008
DK
Hi I am looking for a solution to a problem that has troubled me so much I can't even say!
I have made a test in QTP that runs through number of rows in a terminal emulator screen and checks that every thing is in order.

But I get a run error from time to time, it is not consistent in when it appears but there is a tendency that it comes in the same tree lines of code.
The error states "The terminal emulator has been disconnected from the server" and if I hit the retry button it starts again.

I'm looking for an explanation to why it disconnects, or a solution to go around it.

I've tried to manage it with recovery scenarios but can't get it to work, think that it is because it is QTP it selves who cast the error (I think).

The code where it , most of the times, fails is :

Do until Totalrowcount < DataTable.GetCurrentRow
TeWindow("TeWindow").TeScreen("Menu Utilities Compilers").TeField("Command").Set "1"
TeWindow("TeWindow").TeScreen("Menu Utilities Compilers").SendKey TE_PF8
Linecounter = TeWindow("TeWindow").TeScreen("Menu Utilities Compilers").TeField("Totallinecounter").GetROProperty("text")

But i am not sure that it is the problem, cant see why it should make the emulator fail, but i would love to be wroung :)
Hope that someone have an answer, because the test I made is useless if it can't run several hours without attendance!

Looking forward to you replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back