Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What things do I need to look at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lameid

Programmer
Jan 31, 2001
US
I'm completely green in the C# / .Net world and while I expect I can muddle through quite a bit, I am hoping someone can nudge me onto some focus areas. I have been in both C#.Net and VB.Net books off and on so most of the fundamentals are rattling around in my head.

I have to make a Web enabled application to take input from a file (for now we'll make it CSV) and turn around and write out a new file (CSV) that will have a header, the data from the input file will have each line/ record output for a user input number of x times (probably 3) and finally a footer record. Each of those will be constructed from a mix of constants and input (the body coming from the input file). All in all relatively simple except I am too new to know what to read up on... Also I am expecting this to land in ASP.NET (granted not completely on topic) in the end since most people here are using IE8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back