Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What System Period are Packages like AP, AR, and OE Using and What Database Tables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

proksy

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2010
US
It has been asked of me to run some custom queries and build reports for each package like Accounts Payable(OE, AP, AR, PR, ect.) using their corresponding System Periods(Period Start and Period End Dates). The problem I am running into is I can't seem to find the table where the packages are stored with their package_codes(AP, OE, AR) and their Period Keys(prd_key). I have found where the Periods are stored. They can be found in syprdfil_sql. Each entry has a unique prd_key. I know this is where the periods are stored because inside Progression Explorer >> System Manager >> Maintain >> System Periods >> I was able to make changes to each of them, one at a time, and determine which prd_key goes to what package. At the same time verified there was one row in syprdfil_sql for each package displayed in the package drop-down boxes(AP, AR, OE, PR, ect).

Where are the table(s) that hold this information for the different packages? I have attached a couple of screenshots to help everyone understand what I'm asking for.

Many thanks for any help!

prd_keys1_wsufpy.jpg

prd_keys2_wrsao8.jpg

You have found it, it is indeed the system periods file (SYPRDFIL_SQL). So that being the case, you probably don't know which record belongs to which module. Am I correct?

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

According to the knowledge base.... the prd_key feild in the SYPRDFIL table represents the modules as follows

1 = General Ledger

2 = Accounts Receivable

3 = Accounts Payable

4 = Payroll

5 = Assets& Depreciation

6 = Bank Book

7 = Currency Manager

8 = Inventory Management

9 = Order Entry

A = Purchase Order

B = Bill of Materials

D = Manufactured Cost Accounting

There is a line for a C period key. This relates to the application that appears in system period maintenance called JE. This is not a valid application and is not used at all; it typically will default to 1994 dates in the table.

Knowledge Base document 26.271.512

Macola10, You are the man! Thanks for posting the KB article as well.

I always wondered what JE was for, whenever you try to select it, the record skips to IM. At one point I thought maybe it stood for Journal Entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back