Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What stops login script from running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTracy

Programmer
Feb 20, 2002
US
Morning -

Server 2003 R2
XP workstations

I have a VBScript for logins that is run by AD. On a specific workstation that had been operating properly the login script fails to execute for a specific user. Administrator works ok. There doesn't seem to be any problem with the user account, or the user's profile on the PC. I've reviewed the startup files on the workstation to see if one of them could be the cause (certain Yahoo files will prevent login on our LAN), no luck. If I execute the script manually it works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards,
David.

Does it work for that same user on a different workstation? Look at your Event Logs for indicators of why it is failing.

ckugo -
I logged off of my (this) workstation and logged on as that user, no problems. I reviewed the event logs of that workstation and nothing seemed out of the ordinary for regular startup.

I noticed that workstation had a DigiGram sevice running and it's not needed right now. I gave the user local administrator rights, stopped and disabled the DigiGram service, logged off, logged back on, and the script ran. I reset the user rights back to standard, logged off and back on. The login script ran.

I reserve the right to say this is fixed until Monday, and I don't have a clue why this happeded as the user was logging in with the service running before.

Whatever...

Thanks for the help, your valuable time is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
David.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back