Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what SOHO router to use with CISCO 350 card

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjctechno

Programmer
Oct 14, 2002
US
My wife just got a Cisco 350 WLAN card for her laptop from her employer, and I was thinking of putting a Wlan router in my house. Does anybody know what brand of SOHO router would work best (the Cisco 350 AP is WAY too expensive for me). By the way, I currently have a Netgear wired router connected to my Cable modem.

Thanks.

My daughter and her million friends all use this card, which is an excellent one.

I have connected with the card with a Linksys WRT54G, and a Linksys WAP 11, 2.6 connected through a wired router. I have also connected using a Dlink 614+, and an Apple Airport. I see no reason a Netgear wireless router should not work as well.

The only problem you might face is if the card is set to use proprietary encryption/authentication schemes used by Cisco.

You will need to go to the Cisco configuration utility and create a suitable profile for the card to match whatever you decide for your Home settins. This is easily handled, and the Cisco configuration supports multiple "profiles".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back