Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what should I use php&mysql OR

Status
Not open for further replies.

pldua

Technical User
Jun 18, 2003
CA
Hi, I'm just starting up on this area so bare with me. I have a single machine that is Intel Celeron 266mhz, 64MB, 6gig. And I'm trying to download mysql database server on to this machine. My goal is to create a website that is database driven. But I'm trying to ask you guys should I use JSP&Servlets OR php to access mysql database with this kind of machine in order to have a website that is database driven.

Thanks in Advance!

Not sure if this is the correct forum for you post, but I will give it a limited jab at it. Are you required to use MySQL as opposed to MS SQL? Benefits of MySQL and PHP are going to be that there is an abundant amount of free, or really cheap software out there for you to use. You would for the most part be limited to running against Apache.

Downside - in my opinion MySQL is a nightmare to administer and has a pain of an interface (your mileage may vary). I am not a big Java person, so I can't answer the other half of your question.

My preference would be MS SQL running ASP. You might want to check out the MySQL, PHP, of Java forums.

Suggest you take this to a mySQL forum. This is a forum for MIcrosoft SQL Server and I doubt that we would have the best answer for your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back