Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What should I pass as Logon Info for MSDE Database, CR Ver 9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

apexbs

Technical User
Jun 2, 2002
CA
Hi Dear;

I am using VB.NET 2003, Crystal Report 9.2 and MSDE Database.

I created a report using SQL Server database and now I want to run it with MSDE and I changed my Database Location in design time in Crystal Report to MSDE Connection. I did not set any user ID and Password in that connection. When I am invoking that report using VB app, it is prompting for User ID and Password, other information is already selected i.e. Server and database. What should I pass for UserID and Password, When I installed MSDE , I set one Password for SAPWD parameter but it is not working and login is failed for that password. I have tried SA with Blank password, SA with the password which I set at the time of installation.

Any kind of help is appreciated.

If you didn't supply a login/password when designing the report, it must have connected using Windows Authentication. I found this on one of those 'other' tech sites. There might be something in there that will shed some light on this, as the situation sounds a lot like yours.

-dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back