Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What should I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd1019

IS-IT--Management
Nov 11, 2002
US
Option 11 release 25.3

We have an receptionist that sits in the public lobby of our building. We share the building with other tenants. I need to restrict her phone's long distance capabilities after hours.

She uses 2616

Any suggestions on how to trigger the restrictions automatically or by having the receptionist invoke the change when she leaves the desk.

scheduled access restrictions. gives you time of day and changes the ncos on that schedule... need help let us know

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I kind of thought that could be done what are the commands to do that?

TOD controls are on the RLI in LD 86; however, realize that this is a system wide setting so anyone trying to make long distance phone calls will be effected by the changes made in TOD.

I only want to affect this one phone.

Anyway to just affect this one phone?

Some people likely need long distance 24 hours a day, others may only need it from 8 to 4. On a previous system, we had 8 levels of NCOS with various distance/time-of-day restrictions/permissions. You could determine who needs to be restricted (like the receptionist) and who needs full access, then build NCOS and TOD accordingly. The hard part is changing everybody's NCOS setting to your new plan.

So sounds like I could build a new NCOS for the receptionist phone with a TOD schedule. Only her phone would use that NCOS. That would be perfect. Now I just need to figure out which NCOS is in use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back