Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What service order software do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mforrence

Vendor
Aug 7, 2004
US
Greetings,
This question is directed to other service professionals: What service/work order software do you use? Would you recommend it? Strengths/weaknesses? Mobile app available? We are looking to make a change and would welcome any insight.
Thanks!

Mike Forrence

Some questions that some may want to ask

What size company?
What are your needs?
Service orders only or integration into invoicing?
Inventory Integration?

If a very small company...
Microsoft Access is a very powerful tool, you can find some templates online to try out, edit or build new.
It works well with Excel too from what I have read, I may try this since I use both but not together yet.

Quiken is online with an app.

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

we use zendesk. Since we are now a cloud based company and most of our tickets are addressed by our help desk remotely, it works great for us. Not sure if it would be a good tool if you needed an onsite tech to write something up to be signed. Its not cheap but it does a ton of great things. We even built an online University to train our customers, a knowledge base for helpful info, and a forum that they can help each other by using the zendesk help center tool. It also has a mobile app and live chat on our website.

Back in the day we used autotask, which had the capability to print out a signable work order. Not sure if they still do that as its been years but we definitely like zendesk better.

Jira seems to work well...

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Back to Curly Cord's Questions

on a relatively small scale, you can literally turn email into your ticketing system tracking the ticket from cradle to grave

I implemented a CRM Streak for Gmail. (it was free at the time but well worth the fees we pay now)

We use it to track around 1600 tickets a year. The information can be exported via .csv files and is very configurable

It took me about 100 hrs to get it set up to my liking but since then it's been maintenance free

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back