Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what SAN is connected i.e. IBM or EMC etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

aixchild

Technical User
Nov 14, 2008
GB
What is the best way to determine what type of SAN is connected to an AIX lpar, and the SAN commands that can be used to provide information of the SAN disks etc....

thanks,

aixchild

Hello there,

I ideal command I use will be
lsdev -Cc disk.

It will show you the disk are local or SAN, unless you don't have to fcp.disk.XXXX.rte file set to determine the correct storage.

But that command should give the hint you need.

and don't know if it already works in aix 6.1 but in newer TL's of AIX 7 there is new swtich for lspv command:

lspv -u

try it.

lscfg -vp hdisk*|grep "Machine Type and Model"

Machine Type and Model......2107900

Bit in red is the type.

E.g

2107 is a DS8000
2105 is ESS shark

You'll have to google the code.... or post it here and I may just know what it is.

Mike

"Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my own shortcomings, they gradually begin to seem mild, harmless, rather engaging little things, not at all like the staring defects in other people's characters."

Well, these command are all good if there is the suitable driver installed. If not, you probably will see something like "Other SCSI disk". The commands to handle SAN disks vary well from vendor to vendor and often from m to model ad well. We use IBM storages - DS800, DS8100 and DS4700. They can be handled using the SDDPCM driver. The main command to handle disks is pcmpath or datapath.

--Trifo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back