Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What payroll system works well with access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashe

Technical User
May 4, 2002
GB
Hi All,

This is just a general question. I'm looking to integrate my pay and procurement system (which I have built in Access 2K) with a standard pay roll package like Sage. I know there are other packages like Pegasus etc. Has any one done this before and who knows a good pay roll package which works well with access.

We are currently paying around 600 employees but out source the pay roll to an accounts firm. This is inconvenient for us and would like to bring it in house.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Cashe ;)

Hi Ken,

The pay and procurement is one system and we want to integrate it with a payroll package so that it can take the available balances, expense information etc of each employee on a monthly basis run it through the payroll package (sage for example)which will calculate all the corect tax contributions then export the file back in to access.

Currently we produce a spreadsheet with all this information which gets emailed to an accountant. The accountant then uses sage to work out all the contributions and produce payslips. A spreadsheet is then emaild back to us an imported back into access. The payroll information is stored in tblPayroll. This process takes three days but could be done in minutes if it was in house.

We do not need to use Sage but I was just trying to find out if access worked well with any particular payroll software. We could make access do everything but why invent the wheele twice.

Thanks for the reply

Cashe :)

I don't have any recommendations but some thoughts... You could always do a google search for a prewritten Access payroll system. That should integrate real nicely. As for other integration, importing and exporting files can be relatively well automated and this is typical for most sharing of applications that are not open architecture. Access can write directly to a number of database packages, so a system that supports one of these would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back