Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What options are there for slowing audio to find in point ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBenz

Technical User
Jan 15, 2005
GB
Premiere 6.5, whilst scrubbing finds exact video point, its tricky to spot the point where someone starts to speak a word I need as my in-point. Perhaps one can zoom in on the image in the monitor window to see lips move, thats ok if you can see lips, but I would think there is a way of clicking playback and choosing a slow motion speed, even half normal speed would give me a chance to hit pause just where the word starts to form. I have tried moving the timeline faster but its tricky, or is this the only way ?

DBenz

Change the timeline to display in 1, 4, or 8 frame increments (lefthand side of timeline). This will give you much more resolution to find the exact point.

Hi Irsmith,
Thanks, I did try the various incremental displays as you suggest, I wanted to find a natural stop and felt that choosing a sloMo setting like 50% slower and clicking play would give a better feeling for exactly when I needed to edit, its tricky scrubbing the timeline cursor at a steady speed, my concentration is more on keeping it steady than listening to the words of the sentence with finger ready to hit spacebar (pause). Just can't see any playback preset speeds anywhere, perhaps Pro has them.
DBenz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back