Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What needed to develop ASP page???

Status
Not open for further replies.

broussan

Programmer
Apr 4, 2002
CA
Hi,
I have a pentium 266, 90 meg with WinNt 4.0 sp6. Yes I know that's not a lot, but that's what I have for the moment. I would like to develop ASP page. I tried to install IIS (WinNt option pack 4.0 for NT workstation) and nothing to do, I always get the error : unable to register mtxtish.dll. Is there anything else I can install? Win2000 server is to big for my pc. If a install win 2000 professional can I install IIS? Which version and where can I download it? Please help!
Thanks
Annie

Hi,

you could use apache instead of iis, it has some asp support (with extra modules).
It is a very good webserver, and should run ok on NT4
It is free as well
You can get it at

Did you installed MS Transaction server? It is a must to have it if you want to use ASP.
Check again the installation! Gia Betiu
m.betiu@chello.nl
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5

1. ChileASP doesn't come close to supporting ASP development. It's a band-aid hack at best.

2. You don't need transaction server, what the heck are you talking about? You only need transaction support is you're doing enterprise applications or mega data-intensive applications.

For ASP all you need is Notepad and IIS. Visual InterDev is good to have if you don't really know ASP however.

Thanks to all for your advices but my problem is now solve. I installed Win2000 professionnal and IIS and I didn't get the same error than I got with NT. It's big and my pc is really slow but it's working.
Thank
Annie

Rochester,

It's good to know that...
"For ASP all you need is Notepad and IIS." But I was wondering (I'm an IIS/Server newbie), can I run IIS on a stand-alone PC? Or do I need to be connected to a network.

I can't get it to start the Any ideas?

Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back