Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What license keys to link 2 BCM's on the same LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary2511

Technical User
Jul 29, 2002
GB
Hi all,

I have a customer who is expanding and taking an office over the road. cabling between the two sites is not an option. They currently have a 0x32 modular with 32 extensions and my idea was to replace the modular with a BCM400. then on the other site install a BCM50 and install some analogue lines over there so if the link goes down they have 2 stand alone systems.

Then I wanted to install a wireless bridge between the 2 offices and connect the 2 systems together so they all appear as one.

Being newish to the BCM I am not sure which licenses I require to link the 2 together. I have seen VOIP gateway licenses but am not sure if that is what I need because I am not trying to use trunks to link them as they will be on the same Lan?

any ideas?

Thanx in advance
Gary

To link the two systems you will need;

MCDN license on both bcm's.(to caller ID and easiest config)
VOIP Gateway Trunks or SIP Trunks on both bcm's.

Whether you're linking via wireless, LAN, WAN, or PRI matters not. As Gberger said, you need the IP gateway license and MCDN. MCDN allows you to set up features like trunk route optimization. You could get by without it but its worth the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back