Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What kind of modem works with a digital phone system 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 1999
US
In the office I am working in, there is a Panasonic digital phone system installed. A regular modem won't connect to the system at all.<br>
<br>
What kind of modem will work over an office phone system, or what do you have to do to the system to make a regular modem work?

-online,<br>
There aren't any standard modems that work with digital lines. There are after market items that let you dial through your office phone handset cord , but they get costly and are kinda combersome to use. If you REALLY want to go this route drop another line here and if no one minds I'll let you know who's I've used and the good and bad about it.<br>
The better route is to have the telecomm guys drop in what's called a SLI (single line interface), basically this is a line that mimicks a POTS line except in most instances you then have to dail (9,) or (91,) to first get an outside line.<br>
The second way is the best and fastest way to go. Don't let the telecomm guys tell you it can't be done either, I have 32 lines here just like this.<br>
<br>
let me know how it goes<br>
Lzr1

Lazer1 - <br><br>I have the same problem as dashonline, and before I give up the digital line I'd like to know about the other option.&nbsp;&nbsp;What products/solutions are there to help?&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks for your input.<br><br>RBF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back