Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What kind ip routing should I be using??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechieTony

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2008
US
Morning,

I am looking to upgrade my network a little bit but I am pretty rust. Here is my situation:

2 Routers at Corporate: 1 Internet, 1 Frame Relate
10.10.0.1-254/24

9 Satelite Branches (2 of which are Adtran)
10.10.1.1-254/24 - 10.10.9.1-254/24

I would just leave the routers all static but we are upgrading our equipment and I would like to just pass the routing tables instead of doing all the configuration by hand.

I figure RIPv2 since it is classless and some of our point to point links have different subnets. I cant use EIGRP... that would be my best bet but Adtran cant run this. It also seems as if OSPF is to large for such a small network.

Any Thoughts ???

Noncentz

A network that size, RIPv2 is probably the easiest.

However, if you want to get your hands dirty and learn, then go with OSPF.

MCSE CCNA CCDA

I would definitely not use OSPF---with the small amount of routers, a BDR would not be chosen, and neighbor relationships could get messed up over the frame link, unless he is a person with intermediate experience with OSPF. Definitely go with RIP v2, if you don't want to plug in static routes.

Burt

I would go with EIGRP and redistribute RIP v2 in the 2 branches that have Adtran.This would make troubleshooting a bit more difficult.But EIGRP is so quiet.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back