Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WHAT IS 'WAB.EXE' & WHY IS 'NETSCAPE.EXE' NEEDED FOR FAVES ON IE5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dummie2

MIS
Mar 28, 2000
US
My favorites arn't working anymore saying unable to find 'Netscape.exe' to open the URL.&nbsp;&nbsp;Also tried to save and open an e-mail attached file but it couldn't do saying 'unable to find wab.exe'.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>I need a new pc because the 1.3G is maxed out.&nbsp;&nbsp;But in the meantime I have to get by w/this one...for a while.&nbsp;&nbsp;So I started doing some spring cleaning to get rid of things laying around in here taking up space...i.e folders w/nothing in them, some things that seem to have no purpose. Also got rid of an old ver of Netscape (3.0).<br>I never use it.&nbsp;&nbsp;I also clear out my temp files regularly, cookies, run a find on jpeg and GiF images and clear 'em out...all that stuff.&nbsp;&nbsp;I guess maybe I got rid of some necessary things.&nbsp;&nbsp;What should I do?&nbsp;&nbsp;re-dnload ie5!!!<br><br>I was thinking of getting rid of IE5 and just using HotJava<br>browser.&nbsp;&nbsp;Everything works fine there but it doesnt scroll very well.<br><br>I do need that WAB.EXE thing.&nbsp;&nbsp;Anyone know what it is and what I should do to get it?

WAB is the Windows Adress Book.&nbsp;&nbsp;This is used by a number of Microsoft Programs.&nbsp;&nbsp;This program can be found on the Windows CD that you have.&nbsp;&nbsp;In regards to your Fav's needing netscape, there must be a association created so that when you open your favorites, it looks to the association, and propmts to load Netscape.&nbsp;&nbsp;This can be found by opening MyComputer, and then under the <br>View, Folder Options, and then the File Type Tab.<br><br>Hope this Helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back