Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is this error means from Solaris. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vptl

Technical User
Jan 22, 2004
US
Hi,
I am getting this error on one of our solaris server.
Can you please explain what would cause this ....
Thanks,
V

qla2200: [ID 966766 kern.info] qla2200(1): **WARNING** attempt to change adapter port name in qla2200.conf file is not allowed.

One more error just aftr previous one..
[ID 169314 kern.info] qla2200(1): 8030h Point to Point Mode received.

Don't know what this means ?
If you know please expaine...Thanks.

you have an error in the qla2x00.conf ... the hardware WWPN does not match with the WWPN in the .conf file, take a look to that config...

Point to Point Mode... this is the fabric switches configuration, you are using FC switches in order to connect this server to the symm/clariion, right?

Cheers.

the conf file is ok. but I learned that this is normal when we add a zone on the same fabric. (once the clinet reboots it sees this new zone as logining in.) still cannot explain to myself.,

But hay thannks for the response.

V.

yes, the second message tells you that the HBA is loged in to a fabric config.

The firts post tells you a misconfiguration between the hard WWN vs qla2200.conf config... take a look to that, may be you have a "persistent binding" misdefined.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back