Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the purpose of OTM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillrd

Technical User
Dec 21, 2007
Hey guys I'm picking up a major property that uses OTM and Symposium. I'm familiar with Symposium but never touch OTM other than to connect to the pbx. Can you someone tell me how OTM and Symposium interact together? Some basic admin and maintenance info would be very hopeful also. thx

OTM and Symposium are two different things. Symposium as you know is your call center server and controls routing calls to agents based on skillsets, scripts and what not. OTM is a graphical interface to the PBX for set administration, such as adding, removing, changing phones, names, button programming, etc.

I don't do much with OTM, since I learned set admin the old fashioned way through the TTY. There are some pretty slick things you can do with importing spreadsheets and what not to build new systems, but I'm not the guy to explain how all that works.

You might have more luck in the Nortel Meridian forum. This old Bay Networks/Optivity forum is pretty much dead.

OTM is just what you thought it was. You can run reports moves adds changes, users etc. OTM is a little outdated and now TM is what is out. I think there is a company ISI that will still provide info on OTM. If you send me an email I will send you the link to their faq's on TM. I am not sure if I can post it as it might look like I am trying to drum them up business.

OTM is a data base management tool for non-switch techs. But, there are a lot of things even a switch tech can use it for. For adds, moves and changes and not have to rattling around look for available TNs/DNs or pick-up groups and Speed call list number availablities. Running system and customer reports; build your filters and conditions and run a report on trunk usage, are they cost effective or not and now you have something in black and white to show the bean counters to back up your recommendations if needed. You can even have it run a report of which set features are used and how often. I still prefer command line entry, but it can help on a large number of sets to keep up with.

MIKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back