Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the power draw of a typical desktop with 2 LCDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenJMF

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2006
US
I'm shopping for a UPS to run my desktop and 2 17" LCDs just long enough for me to save my work and shutdown before I lose power in the case of a power failure. I'm wondering what the typical power draw is for a system like mine. I've been looking at charts for different models of APC UPS and some say a particular model will run 10 minutes with 100W draw for example so I'm curious, how do I figure out how much power my system draws?

how big is the power supply if it is 250w power supply i would recomend a apc 500 or higher

It does depend on how 'typical' the computer is, I run 2x20.1 LCD's on a Desktop with a 450W power supply, it runs fine on a 700VA UPS, gives me plenty of time to save my work and shutdown (approx 15 to 20 mins).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back