Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the PeopleSoft Database? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beren1h

Technical User
Jul 19, 2001
US
In the near future I am going to need to access data from a "PeopleSoft Database". Knowing nothing about PeopleSoft I am wondering if the "PeopleSoft Database" is a propriatary database with PeopleSoft or is it a different database package (SQL Sever, Oracle, etc.) that is just used with the PeopleSoft application?

Thanks for helping a new guy out...

Option 2. PeopleSoft provides a set of applications for maintaining your data, but the repository of information behind the scenes is still an old-fashioned relational database like Oracle or SQL Server.

That's what I thought...

There isn't any restrictions impossed by the PeopleSoft application to accessing the data is there?

For example, if I wanted to make a VB front-end to access the same data the PeopleSoft application does, I could do it just like you would for any other SQL Server, or Oracle database?

Yup. Just like accessing any other ODBC compliant database (except that referential integrity and row level security is enforced by the application, not the database).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back