Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what is the name of this equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

RotaryDialTommy

Technical User
Nov 20, 2012
US
In the 1970s early 80s when connecting Bell system trunks to your pbx you had to coonect through their interface . One gs trunk came out of their interface as " ct,cr,cs,cg,c1,c2 . Does anyone remember the name of this interface ? Thanks

We just called them Trunk Interface Units, and know there were USOC codes that were for the dirrent types of trunks.

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

This is an old post but I believe you are referring to a "CDH Coupler". Back in those days, the telcos required isolation between the customer's pbx and the telco lines. It was a great day when we were able to connect trunks directly to the demarc block.

[tt]Oh yes, those were the days! I still have one of the BSP handbooks for the interface devices and connecting arrangements. Just to name some of the more familiar or popular USOCS: CBT/CDH/CDQ2W/CDT/C2ACP/C2AKS/DCK/DCT/KTX/QKP/QKT/RCX/RCZ/RDL/RDMZR/STC/STP/ among others. One of the companies where I worked, we would file refund claims with the Telco for the IC charges that the clients paid over the years they had those devices. Some of the refunds were quite large, if I remember correctly in Pacific Bell land. GTE had them also...

....JIM....[/tt]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back