Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the name of the Centronics - RJ45 Adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirkenVogt

Technical User
Sep 14, 2004
US
A simple question, I am trying to find the name of the adapter that plugs into a 25 pair cable with the 50 pin "Centronics" type connector on the end of it, and gives you six 8-pin RJ45 jacks. Or as an alternative, 12 RJ11s would work too.

Thanks
Birken

Sorry, my mistake. In my book it's called an Octopus 25 pair from Cablek.

Going through my book, there's also a mention of Hydra cable... This time I'm pretty sure, it has a picture and Hydra Cable written under it. I think I've been working too hard today and getting all my terms mixed up. Sorry.

Thanks, that is good information, and it could do what I need, but I was specifically looking for the kind that has jacks in it rather than having cable extensions. Just an adapter that goes on the end of the "telco" connector (just learned that is what it is called) of the 25 pair cable.

Thanks so much
Birken

for the 6 jack = AT&T 258 Adapter
Allen Tel also makes them along with the 12 port RJ 11

I don't think it's the correct term, but we've always called them a "harmonica" in the field, since that's what they look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back