Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the max length of a String Data Type Parameter field for CR

Status
Not open for further replies.

essa2000

Programmer
Dec 6, 2000
CA
Hi;

I am passing one Parameter String data type to my Report which is created into Crystal Report 9.2 thru VB.NET and when pass more than 250 Characters than Report gives me error "Specified parameters is out of range......"

Do you know how to handle it or what is the max length of that parameter. Is there a way to change the max length.

Thanks.

Muhammad Essa Mughal
Software Engineer
iLogic Inc.

250 characters is the maximum length of a string param. You could use multiple parameters to pass in all that you need, but there is no way to extend the number of characters that Crystal will read.

-Dell

essa2000,

check out this knowledge base article.

Although it references the RAS specifically, the article does mention that version 9 of Crystal can handle parameters that are > 255 characters (up to 64k according to the article). So although it may not specifically address your issue, it may give you some insight or point you in a direction to solving your problem.... perhaps a Hot Fix update is needed in your case. Good luck.

MRudolph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back