Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the first step of learning ciscoworks2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackfrid

Technical User
Mar 7, 2002
CN
Which books I have to read, or which websites I have to visit? I'm a beginner.
Thank you for your advice!

Well, I just began, too. A very good procedure is reading the needed tutorials in the order which is given by these ones. [got a tutorial cd].

terrible i find that there is no good user forum in the net like the itrc for HPOV NNM.

I always have questions, important ones, and no one here gives an answer. that pretty bad.

but first try the tuts ;)

You can also go to the Cisco website and find information there.

Dataman

hi all

its too easy..u can get pdf easily on cisco site
it basically consist of
cisco view
threshold manager
whats golds up
show coammnd
and few more features

The best way to begin to understand you're aims/goals....Ciscoworks is an element manager. It MANAGES cisco equipment only. HP Openview for instance is a Network Manager and as such manages the general network without being specific to any vendor. In the case of cisco they provide What's Up Gold which is a shareware snmp package (old name SNMPc) which has a basic ip discover demon and then maps it. So the questions one should ask....I have a cisco network and I wants to : Real Time Monitor the network for failures; configure the routers; get statistics for throughput; backup my router configs...etc Since management is such a broad topic you are going to have tobe more specific...initially though you will want to start with network management (either SNMPc or Openview) and start from there, this will give you a better understanding of what you are trying to achieve before jumping n the deep end with both feet.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back