Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the error "'PRIMARY' filegroup is full."?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomi2000

ISP
Feb 15, 2001
CA
Hi i wrote a script which actullay do data-migration from one table in the database to different tables in the same database but when i run the script i am getting this error
does some one know what this error is?
additional information are
-I HAVE FULL recovery model select with
-Data file initially
of 32 MB and checked to increase by percent
-Log file initially 345 MB and checked to increase by percent
Thanks
Nouman
Error is show below
Server: Msg 1105, Level 17, State 2, Line 287
Could not allocate space for object 'VC_License' in database 'WebAdmin' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full.

Nouman Zaheer
Software Engineer
MSR

Assuming that maximum file size isn't restricted, some transactions probably increase database size by more than 1%. 320kB definitely isn't much.

Preallocate some datafile size, specify large enough increment step in MBytes or increase growth percentage (in that order of recommendation).

The drive that the data file is on is probally full. If the drive is full, and the data file fills up you won't be able to insert any additional data into the database.

Denny

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back